- In the context of Luke 12, what specifically are Jesus’s disciples not to fear (Luke 12:32)?
- How does Jesus try and overcome the disciples’ fear? What promise(s) does he give them?
- What lesson is Jesus teaching about possessions in Luke 12:32–34? Is it bad to have possessions? Why or why not?
- Explain the “For” at the beginning of Luke 12:34. How does Luke 12:34 ground or explain Luke 12:33?
- In Luke 12:34, try and explain the connection between the treasure and the heart? In what ways does our heart follow/depend on what we treasure?
- How does Luke 6:38 help clarify the relationship between our generosity and our reward (joy)?